Here are some of the relevant forms and documents that may be useful for you:
1) U Care Hardship Grant
The U Care Hardship Grant provides a one-off assistance to low-income union members in the event that the member suffers hardship arising from one of the following circumstances which is of a non-industrial nature:
- Total and permanent incapacity
- Serious chronic medical condition*
- Registered fire or flood victim
* Pre-existing serious chronic medical condition diagnosed before the applicant became a Union Member will not be considered.
Successful applications of the grant will be disbursed a sum of $1,000 one-off payout subject to the fulfillment of all eligibility criteria.
Click here to download and fill in the application form.
2) ESU Welfare Grant
The ESU Hardship Grant is a one-off assistance for low-income union members in the event that the members suffer hardship arising from one of the following circumstances which is of a non-industrial nature:
- Death / Permanent Disability / Terminal Illness of Union Member*
- Permanent disability / Terminal Illness of Immediate Family Member*
- Members affected by Retrenchment (applicable to ESU unionized branches, with no Retrenchment Benefits)
- Members affected by company’s cost cutting measures
- Other extenuating circumstances
*Pre-existing Permanent Disability and Terminal Illness diagnosed before the applicant became a Union Member will not be considered.
The ESU Welfare Grant is exclusive to ESU Ordinary Branch (OB) members. Successful applications for the hardship grant will be disbursed a one-off payout subjected to fulfillment of all eligibility criteria.
Click here to download and fill in the application form. Read the form to find out the full terms and conditions.
3) ESU Conversion Form
The conversion form is relevant for members who would like to convert to be under ESU. This applies to union members who have: (1) changed employment from another company within the sector and (2) changed employment from another company outside the sector.
You may find the conversion form here.
4) NTUC Membership Interbank GIRO Form
This form is required for the purpose of setting up a GIRO arrangement with your bank for the ease of payment of your union membership fees.
To speed up the process establishing GIRO arrangements with the bank, please ensure the following:
- Make sure to write the letters and numbers legibly and avoid any mistakes or errors.
- If you have written a mistake, make sure to countersign when correcting the mistake.
Once completed, all original copies must be signed and mailed to ESU at 150 Changi Road, Guthrie Building, #04-01, S(419973)
Please find the form here.
6) NTUC Gift Claim Form
NTUC GIFT is a group insurance policy exclusively for members of NTUC affiliated unions/association.
All union members who are below 65 years old are automatically covered against death and total & permanent disability (TPD) of up to S$40,000. Union leaders are eligible for double the sum assured. Union members’ spouses below 65 years old are also covered against death and TPD.
Please refer to the table below for the payout information:
Death – NTUC GIFT Death Claim May 2023
Partial or Total Permanent Disability – NTUC GIFT Total Partial and Permanent Disability Claim Sep 2022
Attending Medical Practitioner’s Statement – AMPS General (Sep22)